In short, to begin with a pizza oven come in different designs and are indeed a great cooking experience.
Primo Forno ovens design create natural convection for even heat distribution around the insulated dome inside the oven and as a result the reflective radiant heat from the live fire at the top of the inner dome heats the fire screed base therefor creating an excellent baking surface for baking pizza.
To see the range visit www.primoforno.co.za
Are wood fired pizza ovens worth it?
The answer to this question depends on a lot of factors, including how much you enjoy pizza, how often you cook at home, and what your budget is.
If you love pizza, plan to cook at home every day, and have the budget for some tasty treats, then this may be the type of oven for you.
The design boasts a dome that stays cool to the touch, whilst the inside and flue maintain a heat in excess of 350 degrees Celcius.
Wood Burning Pizza Ovens, Ovens are ideal for cooking any type of meal!
Wood burning ovens are used to cook anything, from baked goods like pizzas and breads to meats and vegetables. They are typically fueled by wood which means that they produce a minimal amount of pollution and can be used in areas without access to electricity.
Authentic Wood Burning Ovens
Authentic wood burning ovens are an old, traditional way to cook food using wood and fire. They can be used in many different ways, such as baking bread or roasting meats. Authentic wood burning ovens are typically found in countries with a lot of outdoor cooking. These ovens can be made of clay, brick, stone, or adobe. Primo Forno ovens are made from refractory materials which is a tried and tested material used for fast heating.
Pizza ovens for home use are typically used to cook pizza, but they can also be used for many other dishes. They are very popular in Italy where pizzas are a staple dish.
Why are foods tastier when they are cooked in a woodfired pizza oven?
- Wood fired ovens have been around for centuries. They are an ancient cooking technique that is becoming popular again. Foods cooked in a woodfired oven taste so much better than they do when they are cooked in an electric oven.
- Pizza is the most popular food to cook in a woodfired pizza oven, but if you have one installed then there's nothing stopping you from cooking a wide variety of foods.
- Wood fired pizza ovens temperature can be adjusted to cook at different temperatures. The ovens are used for cooking pizza because the high temperature cooks it quickly and gives that crispy crust that everyone loves. High heat is also great for foods like roast chicken and pork, which would normally take a long time in an electric oven.
- Above all, wood fired pizza ovens give a wood fired taste to all the food cooked in them. This flavor is different from anything you'll find when cooking with gas or electric ovens.
- The food tastes great because of the wood fired taste and because it is cooked at a high temperature.
- So if you're looking at a woodfired oven, then we recommend going for the Primo Forno pizza ovens.
DIY Pizza Oven Installation
Primo Forno offers one of the best outdoor pizza oven kits for sale. The Primo Forno DIY oven is a woodfire pizza oven which is easy to assemble and install .
The woodfired pizza ovens from Primo Forno are of the highest quality. The Primo Forno DIY Oven kits will also provide you with all of the information that you need in
Visit this link to view a video of how to install the DIY Primo Forno pizza oven
Do's and Dont's
- Never wash your oven or oven floor with water or any liquid soap, this will cause the oven to absorb moisture.
- The pizza ovens maximum operating temperature is 400 degrees Celsius ; you would never have the heat to oven to this temperature either.
- Never throw wood into your oven this might crack your oven walls. Gently place the wood logs in your oven
How do I build a fire in my Primo Forno pizza oven?
To build a fire in your pizza oven stack your wood in a square in front of your oven adding your burning fuel in the middle, put another piece of wood at the bottom and push your fire wood to the back of your pizza oven.
Operating temperatures for baking pizzas is around 300 to 350 degrees Celsius. If dry firewood is used the pizza oven temperature would be ready to use within 25 - 35 min after starting the fire.
How long do I cook my pizza?
Cooking a pizza takes between 120 - 180 seconds. Make sure you have roaring fire in the oven to bake pizzas evenly from to the top via the reflective heat from the fire .
Can I use my Primo Forno pizza oven to slow roast meals?
For dishes that require roasting or slow cooking and baking bread, you only need a bed of hot coals in the pizza oven.
Remember to close the oven door to retain the heat and inside temperature .
Do I need to “burn in” or “cure” my pizza oven before I cook pizza?
Why is pizza oven curing important?
Its important to cure the oven because water is trapped in the oven walls when the oven is cast.
To get rid of the moisture you want to gradually heat up the oven and let it cool down.
If you heat your oven too fast the moisture will set out to steam and crack the oven.
The best way to cure your oven is by building small, controlled fires inside the dome.
You can adjust how hot they burn based on their size and how much fuel you add to them.
Visit this link to see the day-by-day curing process of the oven
WHAT ABOUT CRACKS
However, due to heating and cooling in the pizza oven hairline cracks may appear.
Cracks won’t affect your pizza oven performance and all refractory material crack because of thermal expansion.
Will the Primo Forno pizza oven be ok in rainy weather?
The pizza oven is a closed system, so it won't be affected by the weather.
How do you start a fire in a wood-burning pizza oven?
To build a fire in your pizza oven stack your wood in a square in front of your oven adding your burning fuel in the middle, put another piece of wood at the bottom and push your fire wood to the back of your oven.
How often should I clean my pizza oven.
The short answer is it depends on how many times you have used your oven.
If you have used your oven a couple of times use a brush to clean your oven.
Most importantly, a quality, well-built pizza oven such as Primo Forno oven can last a lifetime if cared for properly and cleaned.
Does Primo Forno have a commercial oven for sale?
Yes, commercial Primo Forno ovens are available on request - contact us via our via our contact us page